TechECE

Ramblings of a directionless group...

Contributors
Our Personal Blogs
Subscribe to our feed

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 15, 2006
Relay Story - Part I
I was not a brilliant guy at studies; Neither cool at playing games. My only association with sports was that I watch in Tv, every cricket match played on earth. I always sat on the first bench throught out my school and college, not because I was studious, just that people in my class had better growth hormones. I never had any nick names, don't know why my friends felt comfortable in calling me as Anand. I cleared 12th standard chemistry paper only in my 3rd attempt. I got an engineering seat in a private engineering college, only because my father was generous enough to gift a quarter of his life time savings on the donation. I had lot of girl friends throgh out my college life; Oflate I reailized that girls just used me as a spy to gather information about their boy friends. When I shared my experiences with my friends they always felt it as uninteresting as watching an Australia-Bangladesh test match. I managed to finish my BE degree with an agreegate of 59%. Again, I was unlucky to miss first class by a whisker.

Already six months were gone since I finished my degree. I never crossed the written test in any of my attempts to get a job. I was the only guy in my friend's circle who still depended on his father's pension for the daily food. Running out of gas, I joined a consultancy firm that gave training in software testing, only because the advertisement read - 100% placement for the students who studied courses in their firm. But, I knew that everything in the world has an exception.

I entered into a small training hall to attend the first day of my course on a monday evening at Jayanagar. I sat in my customoray first row to find a girl with a near perfect figure, fair skin under a short red T-shirt, American accent in her voice, inshort she is a Bangalore cutie in every right. Next day, she wore an amusing T-shirt with three buttons - Ctrl-Alt-Del printed at locations that guys would want to watch forever! Below those keys, was the caption - "Press ctrl-Alt-Del to enter into the system". I was so focused at what I am doing that I read the caption a bit aloud and every one in the class started laughing at me. The book that she carried slipped from her hand only to give me a chance to speak to her. I opened my mouth to say - "Sorry", which I then realized that it is the best starter when you don't know what to speak. she smiled and introduced herself as Swetha and at the end of the class we both came out to have a cheese Sandwich in Cooljoint. I began to like her company and started flirting with her in the evenings regularly [hmmm.. I am not sure if my converstions with her were MANly enough to call as flirting.] Days went by and we became thick friends.

Today was the last day of the course and we had an interview for a software company that evening. After a week of combined study with Swetha, I felt confident about myself. The interview went on for 45 mins. Thou I wasn't able to answer few questions, I felt that my performance was better than my revious interviews.

I called Swetha at 11 PM that night. We both were discussing about our performances that night.

I told her, "How nice it would be if we both get placed in the same company."

Swetha: Hmmm...Hope atleast one of us get placed.

Me: I would have made a big mistake if you were my classmate in my college.

Swetha: What mistake?

Me: I like you very much that I would have fallen in love.

Swetha: Do you like me very much?

Me: A lot... You know, there are lots of girls in Bangalore who are very cute. Comparing them, you are not that beautiful. But, still I don't know why I like you very much.

Swetha: Really...

Me: What do you think about me?

Swetha: You are a good friend. Hmmm...a very good friend.

Me: Then...

Swetha: Then?!
[swetha gets a call in her landline and talks with some one else.]

Swetha: Hey...my friend Rajini told that the results are out. Five of us got placed...Rajani, Swetha, Arthi, Ramya and Anand. Tomorrow we will get the offer letters.

Me: Wow...Both of us got placed in the same company. I couldn't ask for more.

Swetha: Yeah. I am very happy for you. I will call you after 10 minutes. I will inform my father and mother about this news.
[The clock strikes 12. Swetha called me back.]

Swetha: Hi...still awake?

Me: Yeah. I cannot sleep. I am so lucky to get into a big MNC and that too with a friend like you

Swetha: Me too. But, don't call me a friend.

Me: Oh no. Why?

Swetha: Is that the way guys call their girlfriend?

Me: what?

Swetha: I said, I love you......Good night...bye.
[Call ended]

I couldn't imagine what is happening to my life. I now realized that I am no more the old "Fit for nothing" guy. I felt that my whole life had changed just in 5 mins. I could hear someone singing "Verti kodi kattu..." song for me. First I got a job, and then a life companion. I thought her friendship changed me a lot, it instilled self confidence in me. I came to know why people call, "Behind every successful man there is a woman".

After spending a pleasant night full of dreams, I met Swetha in front of the IT Park gate. We both went to the reception, waited there for the HR to come and give us the offer letters. After sometime a young lady came there (she had every attribute of a HR in her) read the names, first Rajani R, Arthi S, Ramya K, Swetha N and finally... Anand S. I expected a big surprise but it turned out to be a big shock. For the first time in my life, I blamed my grandmother for naming my father as Thangavelu. Yes, I am not Anand.S, someone who was 6 feet tall came hurrying from the gate to get the offer letter. Swetha came close to me and introduced the guy who snatched my offer letter. She called him as her boy friend and told me that they will get married soon. Second shock... I was about to ask her why she proposed me today morining in phone; But, I got the answer on seeing the first line in her offer letter, which read "April 1, 2006"... I am not so dumb to realize that I was fooled twice today. ''

Hmmm... again I missed my girl and my offer letter only by a whisker ('T' is only a tad away from 'S' ?!!).
Plz Note:
1) This is just the part I of the story.
2) The next part will be the continuation of the story and will be written by some other guy.
posted by kart @ 11:46 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Iday said…

    good begining man. looks like the beginning sequence of a hindi movie :)
    A perfect loser, who's desperate to win in love and life, but again loses!!!

    Why dont u name who's gonna continue this!??!

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Iday said…

    and yeah - my music player is working like a dream these day, playing songs perfectly in sync with what i read ;)
    Try reading this story with "chalte chalte" from Mohabbatein :)

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger Ramkumar said…

    yep. i too have the same point. whos gona continue. shall v go by alphabetical order.
    iday, karthick, kicha, prad, ram, sunil.
    so, now its kicha's turn. if he is not taking it up, then its prads turn.

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Iday said…

    yep - that sounds good.
    Especially coz i'm last on the list.
    I wont be able to give this a shot with my work load now :(

    And why wud kicha not take this up. Isnt this perfect for him ;)

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger kart said…

    Yeah. If kitcha agreed to be a part of this story writing, he should take this up.

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Iday said…

    Kicha bhai...
    tussi great ho...

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Sunil said…

    good start karthik... i know what inspired you to write this... you quench your 'vayatherichal against sri..oops...s.anand by giving him bulb in the story! idhuvum oru pozhappu :D

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger kart said…

    Characters and events in the story are fictional. Any resemblance to real events and persons is purely coincidental.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Blogroll
Archives
Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers