TechECE

Ramblings of a directionless group...

Contributors
Our Personal Blogs
Subscribe to our feed

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, March 16, 2006
Oracle of Ohmnamaha - Part I
This is about my batchmate in training conducted by CTS.First day, dressed in complete formals, don't know what to expect from a company or what they would expect from you, I stepped into the Corporate bank building in royappetah.It was Aug 15. There was nobody in the street not to mention in the entrance of the building. I checked my watch twice to verify whether i am late.I can't be. My father was prepared for this day well in advance (4 years ago) and he wudn't let go this oppurtunity of leaving me for the work for the first time just like what he did when i joined the school and college.Now, I see a big guy with hair loss that he can't hide. His french beard told me that he is a HR. I tried to be as far as possible from my dad showing i am a grown up.(only if my dad allowed it).So, they asked the candidates or rather employees to assemble. The big guy also came into the room. What is this? He is sitting with us. May be that is Caagnizant culture. no it isn't. this guy is one among us. bowled, lbw, caught behind, run out first ball. Standing 6" 1' i felt so small in front of him. he looked like a pro and i looked like an interview candidate.Ha ha there i see some hope - maxi and prad coming and sitting beside me. The formalities were over. We left the room with lunch waiting for us. now, a guy who is stout enough to be karti and short enough to be deeku comes near me and says are u ramkumar. (Yes, i am the great mathematician-turned-engineer six-degrees black belt in karate romeo-in-college.) Yes. i am. then the next statement stunned me. are u iyengar? what??come again. rrrrr uuuu iyengar? I don't know what to react. Only thing noticed was he was very serious in his question. I said no and shrugged him off not asking how he know me etc. prad, maxi & myself left for the lunch.
posted by Ramkumar @ 12:33 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Blogroll
Archives
Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers